Mamma’s gonna preach a bit here, Ok?
You have a huge mission.
Your soul has called you into doing some amazing work and helping the people you are supposed to help.
At times that can feel cool and yummy…
And other times it can feel like an “Oh shit, who-am-I-to-help” kinda burden.
So here’s what I see happen all the time for mission-driven, heart-centered entrepreneurs.
- You get the soul knowing that you are supposed to do some great work.
- You start your business with rates low, being really vague about what you do, because you want to serve everyone.
- You can’t figure out why your marketing isn’t working to allow you to be making all the money you want.
- You are ready to quit or throw in the towel. But your soul won’t let you so you may feel trapped.
- You sorta know what you’d love to say and teach, but there’s a little niggling part inside that is totally scared that if you out that, you’ll be killed. (Okay, maybe not killed this go around, but surely judged and/or ostracized.)
- You get into crazy mindset jumbles when you think about being THE EXPERT in this area. All kinds of judgments come forth about what may happen and how your credibility may even be called into play.
- You are stuck in that zone between wanting to stay safe, but yearning to play big.
- You need help!
Ready to break free and REALLY be about your mission and help those folks that you are designed to help?
As I see it, the issues my clients have with visibility, messaging, charging more, and selling their services come because they put the focus on themselves. These show up as statements like:
“How can I raise my rates… can I really deliver what I say I can?”
“Do I have enough experience?”
“What if someone is better at this than I am?”
“I think I need to get a (degree, license, certification) before I put this out there.”
Notice the emphasis. Very YOU focused.
The simple trick is this…
Imagine your perfect client.
The one you would love, love, love to have and for whom you’d be a great fit.
Now imagine them in pain.
Tremendous pain. Like maybe a gun to their head, or despair so great they are lost, on the verge of giving up, and/or self-destructing.
Maybe your clients aren’t putting guns to their heads, but they are suffering. Think of all the ways they are suffering. It could look like losing money, or hope, or staying in bad relationships, or enduring poor health. Now think of what that suffering is costing them. Think of it in terms of the money/tangible piece, but also the intangible pieces they have to deal with.
These people are just waiting for you to put yourself out in a way that they can find them.
Right now I want you to really feel into the despair and need your beloved clients have. Open your heart and feel the solution you provide turning their lives around. See them happy, and productive, and living a much better life.
Now focus on how scared you are to step into the spotlight and claim your space as an expert.
Notice how small and actually neurotic that feels in comparison to the previous thoughts of your desire to serve.
Shifting the focus from you to them is the #1 thing that can allow you to be so mission driven that you are willing to be a little uncomfortable to be FOUND and SEEN in the market place.
Give it a try and shoot me a note telling me how it changed things for you.